How’s your business hygiene?
No, we don’t mean clean hair and flossing by employees, but the cleanliness of the workspace itself. It might seem like an afterthought, but maintaining a crisp, contemporary office can have a direct effect on employee morale and productivity along with your brand reputation. Here are some factors to consider:
- Research suggests dirty, dingy environments, including cluttered workspace and even foul smells, can have a negative impact on concentration and productivity.
- If the office kitchen is grimy and full of messes, employees are more likely to leave the building for their lunch hour. This can also dent productivity, since workers who bring lunch to the office or cook it there often work while eating.
- Studies show one in three people do not wash their hands after going to the bathroom. Pretty gross. Worse, that can lead to the spread of harmful bacteria, which can hamper employee health.
- Dirty offices with smelly bathrooms, dusty keyboards and stains can not only hurt employee morale but lead to higher turnover.
- If computer equipment or appliances are neglected they can overheat, short circuit and become fire hazards.
- A messy office may reflect more than germs but sub-par standards in the eyes of clients, customers and business partners. On the flip side, meticulous office space can project the same thing about business practices.
So it may not be as immediately noticeable as that spilled coffee or soda, but a grubby, poorly presented office space can have much wider repercussions. Do you need help keeping everything in tip top shape? We’d love to come in and transform your office! Contact us to learn more about our services: http://system4utah.com/